Frost & Sullivan 2022 North America Technology Innovation Leadership Award & Report
Download the Full Frost & Sullivan Reports
Frost & Sullivan recently analyzed the North America battery-free Bluetooth low energy tag industry, and based on its findings, it recognizes Wiliot with the 2022 North America Technology Innovation Leadership Award. Wiliot enables trillions of tags to connect to the Internet. Tags can be adhered not only to high-value equipment but also to consumable, day-to-day products to harness the power of the cloud and IoT. It optimizes the supply chain through its innovative, eco-friendly solutions to extend product shelf life for customers and gives them an outlook on first-in-first-out and last-in-first-out products, improving warehouse management.
To learn more, Download the Full Frost & Sullivan Reports.
Wiliot’s IoT Pixels, an economical and self-powered microchip-like tag, attaches to any item or package, analyzes the physical and surrounding data, and then sends it to the Wiliot cloud. The cloud uses machine learning capabilities to securely convert the data into valuable insights, giving its customers a real-time snapshot of their inventory. The minute tags give visibility of products in real time using radiofrequency energy. It securely communicates through Bluetooth to low-cost infrastructure like access points, Wi-Fi, IoT devices less than $50, giving it a competitive advantage over a $1,000 handheld radio-frequency identification (RFID) scanner or a $10,000 RFID tunnel. The IoT Pixels tags:
- Detect the produce neglected by organizations’ personnel and track perishable and conventional items, leading to efficient inventory management with reduced wastage.
- Provide the product or packaging crate location and give an overview of the product lifecycle from when it was placed (up to minutes, days, weeks, or months, depending on the last stock check).
- Provide a predictable high level of performance, meeting customer expectations where the chip can deploy a reliable energy point to source energy.
- Quickly identify quality issues to improve customer ownership experience and eliminate the dependency on manual intervention with the continuous Bluetooth broadcast.
- Link to equipment and medicines and evaluate parameters (such as temperature and dilution for the healthcare industry).
- Automatically track, identify, and detect hospital inventory and assets efficiently.
- Create a circular economy to extend product intelligence and emphasize reuse, return, and recycling.
- Provide counterfeit product detection, seamless traceability, and refill shelves accurately.
- Identify shelf life and reduce food wastage, and measure food longevity and adjust the prices based on expiry dates in the food industry.
- Effortlessly restock customers’ items when exhausted and suggest products based on their historical trends through the auto-replenishment feature.
Krithika Shekar, industry analyst for Frost & Sullivan, explained that Wiliot’s scalable, sustainable, and affordable IoT Pixels help brands and retailers tackle the challenge of overstocking. The tags reduce the inventory in their supply chain, helping organizations save capital while decreasing their carbon footprint and enhancing customers’ operational efficiency.
Wiliot Pixel, a battery free tag chip uses nano-Watt computing to scavenge radio frequency power from the weakest signal (below -30 dBm) with relatively low magnitude power consumption and high sensitivity harvesting. Wiliot Pixel's ability to be manufactured using the same process and machines as RFID tags makes it an attractive technology to RFID tag manufacturers. The future-proof and battery-free tags offer a competitive digitalization edge by improving accuracy, energy efficiency, cost efficiency, and sustainability while delivering powerful insights and reducing customer total cost of ownership.
“By combining the Pixel tag with its Cloud, Wiliot augments customer experience by offering a subscription based sensing-as-a-service solution. Through this solution, Wiliot enables a sustainable supply chain that is efficient and secure. Wiliot delivers end-to-end visibility by integrating its solution with customer's cloud platforms.,” said Ram Ravi, an industry analyst for Frost & Sullivan.
Its technology capabilities coupled with the value-added benefits delivered to customers earns Wiliot both Frost & Sullivan’s 2022 North America Technology Innovation Leadership Award in the battery-free Bluetooth low energy tag industry and the 2022 Europe Customer Value Leadership Award in the passive BLE-based IoT solutions industry.
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents the Technology Innovation Leadership award to the company that develops a product with innovative features and functionality that is gaining rapid acceptance in the market. The award recognizes the quality of the solution and the customer value enhancements it enables.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize companies in various regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analyses, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.