MWC Las Vegas 2023 Power Hour | 5G Advanced - Ambient IoT: The Biggest Disruption Since The Smartphone
Ambient IoT devices are forecast to scale from millions to billions in 2026. This growth is riding on Bluetooth Low Energy as the transport.
Learn about the progress towards adding ambient IoT to Release 19 and the parallel ambient IoT standardization activity with IEEE. While some of the biggest retailers and postal carriers are deploying ambient IoT now, the true impact will change the way products are made, distributed, sold, used, reused, and recycled.
Today we have ARM processor devices that sense and communicate, battery-free. What will that mean to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), carriers, and their customers?We will share a perspective from two of the companies that have been deploying ambient IoT into production.
In this session, we will discuss:
- What is ambient IoT?
- The market size and use cases
- Status and future of 3GPP, Bluetooth, and IEEE ambient IoT standards
- How ambient IoT works today
- The implications for climate, inventory visibility/omnichannel, food quality/safety, and demand chains that link manufacturers with the people using their products every day
- How enterprises are implementing ambient IoT - strategy, infrastructure, apps, and deployment with PwC
- Patrick Parodi, Managing Director, PwC Connected Solutions
- Steve Statler, CMO, Wiliot